Thursday, May 14, 2015

Introduction - part 2

About me

Hey it's me tired Yusuke to write using English. I write the process that I began blog and self-introduction at this place before beginning to write the main subject this time.
Please skip here when you think that doesn't have the interest, and doesn't want to hear it, and that it is a waste of time.


A trifling thing is written below.

I am a 27-year-old man and work as a job-hopping part-timer now. I am low educational background to understand it by not being able to read and write English at this age. In addition, there is not a friend at all as communicative competence lacks to me fatally. Therefore I am lonely, but live unexpectedly carelessly.

A trip was a hobby from school days, and I was a railroad fan first. The times goes by, and I follow the journey of various hobbies. Recently, I like doing mountain climbing or a trip.

In addition, I often came across interesting local cooking and traditional dish in the middle of a trip and finally learned that I drank local liquor. There are unexpectedly many breweries of the Sake near the sightseeing area.


A sake brewery in the old town of Iwamura, Gifu that is a sightseeing spot. It's on the right and can confirm a sugidama (ball of the cedar) peculiar to a sake brewery under the roof. The letter written to the signboard Onna-joshu (女城主) facing this is a main brand of the sake which they sell. So there is usually a Sake brewery in the old town.

By the way, I've not done overseas travel very much. When I'd been a backpacker, I have traveled in Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, but Europe is untrodden.

In addition, I spent the childhood period in Houston, the United States, but English is not usable at all now. I seem to have forgotten English ability somehow or other when I returned. Thereafter I might not learn English positively at school either.


This is my photo standing by the sea of Phuket, Thailand. I had a poor-looking body in those days.

The motive that began a diary

 Firstly,
It's to learn English. However, it's like a by-product. Therefore I'm not so positive about the thing. Several years later, I'm glad when I become able to read if I notice.

 Secondly,
These days, I underwent surgery, and a large intestine polyp was removed. So I couldn't drink liquor for a week, and I couldn't climb the mountain of the hobby for a while, and stress was accumulated my self every day. Probably these will be the biggest factors. The boredom is a poison undermining human mind.

 Thirdly,
If it's the above-mentioned motive, even other approach won't have any problem even if they don't write such a blog. But I wanted to always introduce the Japanese liquor to people from different countries.

That is a long story. Some one month before, When I went to Kyushu for a mountain climbing trip, it happened. At the night of the day, I stayed at the dormitory near foothills of famous Mount Aso at an active volcano. As for the hotel guest except myself of the dormitory, all the members were people from different countries.So I felt the atmosphere such as the different country there.

I feel wanting to talk to somebody when in this situation, but then I have a character to be bashful in front of strangers. However, it might really develop in a chat if I had you talk from somebody.


I climbed Mt, Aso of Kumamoto, Kyushu on a following day. This is the crater. As this mountain is an active volcano, it blows up smoke.


Also at that time I'd drunk The sweet potato liquor that is called Shochu which is traditional liquor of Kyushu which seemed to become the thing to talk about in common use space while hoping that I was talked to somebody. However, nobody talked to me contrary to my expectation.

When I looked at the area well, I recognized the group which had a spree with liquor over there. What will they drink? I observed them carefully.

Then I saw a can of "Super Dry made by Asahi Beer" which shined in silver in their hand.
Asahi Beer? Why is it?


This is meal scenery in Mt, Iide of Niigata and Yamagata. There is Super Dry of Asahi Beer to the left most. There is the heart of a mountain taking six hours on foot, but this beer is sold in such a place. It's a very common thing for a Japanese.

Oh my god! Why are they drinking the liquor which they can drink in everywhere in Japan? I do not deny that I drink beer particularly. Interesting things, and there is it in the beer because there are many local. Therefore why do they choose common Super Dry? By the way, the master of the dormitory sold the local Sake of Kyushu in handy size because he introduced Japanese traditional liquor. However, there was not the state that anyone challenged, and I was at my wits end for a while.
Let's get into more traditional culture!

There was the above-mentioned trifling event. For the negative posture, I understood that I did'nt readily have they recognize it. Therefore I decided it to spread them and made this blog.


The Sake has the one side called the liquor to drink at the time of celebration. This is libation of New Year holidays at Mt, Takao, Tokyo approximately five months ago. In this way, the Sake has relation that it's close to traditional culture in Japan. This

The present plan

I'll introduce the liquor in the house to you in sequence. At first I'll show you the characteristic, the history, the place be able to bought in Japan of the Sake (日本酒) which I want to introduce most one by one. Now, 17 kinds Sake kept in the refrigerator of my house, and anything is characteristic. They are very rare, but please challenge it if you see it.



The first of the Sake. From left, Kozaemon (小左衛門) in Gifu, Iwao (巌) in Gunma, Hiroki (飛露喜) in Fukushima, Yanma (山間) in Niigata, Kagamiyama (鏡山) in Saitama, Hana-abi (花陽浴) in Saitama, Kazenomori (風の森) in Nara, Fukuda (福田) in Nagasaki, Nabeshima (鍋島) in Saga.


The second of the Sake. From left, Zaku (作) in Mie, Oroku (王祿) in Shimane, Koimari (古伊万里) in Saga, Choyo-fukumusume (長陽福娘) in Yamaguchi, Chiebijin (ちえびじん) in Oita, Hokuan-daikoku (北安大国) in Nagano, Sugata (姿) in Tochigi, Sagaminada (相模灘) in Kanagawa.

In addition to them, I'll introduce Japanese spirits called Shochu (焼酎) afterwards. There is the traditional liquor which is different from the Sake called the Shochu in Japan. Sake is a brew, but Shochu is distilled liquor same as whiskey or a spirits. As it is interesting liquor, I'll want to introduce this sometime soon. 12 kinds are kept in the corrugated cardboard of the house now.


The Sweat poteto Shochu. From left, Kiroku (き六) in Miyazaki, Akune (阿久根) in Kagoshima, Yamatozakura (大和桜) in Kagoshima, Sumibiyaki-annoimo (炭火焼き安納芋) in Kagoshima, Gohe (御幣) in Miyazaki, Aogashima-shochu (青ヶ島焼酎) in Tokyo, Mitake (三岳) in Kagoshima, Aiko (愛子) in Kagoshima.
 
The Shochu from rice or Barley. From left, Mushagaeshi (武者返し) in Kumamoto, Akatsuki (暁) in Miyazaki , Momosuke (百助) in Oita, Hyakunenno-kodoku (百年の孤独) in Miyazaki.

As they are replaced in sequence, I can finish introducing all them to you or am uneasy. However, I do my best.

The next article is going to introduce the easy part of basic manufacturing method of the Sake. See you.

No comments:

Post a Comment